Social Media Tips For Drumming Up Pre-Trade Show Hype
When it comes to marketing, social media is a real hype machine. For brands making a visit to industry trade shows, social media is your most useful tool in getting the excitement going or making those important connections early. A few tips for using social media to drum up excitement for your next trade show are:
• Use hashtags early – The trade show will have their own hashtags for connecting followers and making it easy to keep up to date with important show-related information. Starting about 2 to 4 weeks before the trade show, check out what hashtags the show is using and incorporate them into your own trade show posts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok. Search out the hash tags, interact with other brands doing the same, and get those connections started.
• Use video teasers – If you’re waiting for the trade show to introduce a new product, technology, service, or other offering, there’s no better time to tease it than a couple of weeks before setting up your exhibit. Create a video teaser and use relevant hashtags on TikTok, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, or Facebook giving audiences just a small taste of what you’ll be unveiling.
• Create buzz for parties with Facebook – For brands holding a VIP party, seminar, or other special event, Facebook events makes invites, information, and communication incredibly simple. You can create your event, send invites, chat about it, drum up excitement, and make connections all in one convenient place.
• Let them know what you’re sponsoring – If your brand is sponsoring a speaker or event, social media makes promotion easy. Using the trade show hashtag alongside any brand-specific hashtags you may be using, brands will promote their collaborations starting a couple of weeks ahead of time across all channels.
• Use your past experiences to create excitement for the new ones – Brands who have traveled to more than one trade show recently have loads of photos on hand to show the kind of experience they’re putting out there at their display. Using #throwbackthursdays and other social media trends, highlight your past trade show stops to get the excitement going for the up-and-coming ones. Video and photo throwbacks work well on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
After getting the excitement going, brands need to make sure they have something impressive to offer when trade show day comes. A full-service exhibit company who knows the ins and outs of exhibit design ensure that your display will be well worth the hype. To learn more about what exhibit professionals can bring to your trade show experience, contact Lighthouse Exhibits.