The trade show has been an opportunity to network, generate leads, and grow a company’s brand for decades. Today more than ever, it’s important to use all the tools available to ensure that you get the best possible results from your time at a trade show. In today’s world, social media is one of the most important tools available.
However, there are numerous ways to use it effectively, and how you implement it should depend largely upon what stage of the trade show you’re in. Here is a quick look at some of the ways you can implement social media in an effective manner.
Before the trade show begins, social media can be used to build up anticipation and, let potential participants know what you’ll be doing and presenting to them. Some other ideas include:
• Send out tweets on Twitter to announce your plans at the trade show.
• Make posts on LinkedIn groups introducing yourself and your company’s role in the field.
• Use Facebook to offer contests or special promotions to those who arrive at the show with a social media-specific code.
Social media still plays a role during the trade show itself. You can use it in several different ways to build on your results:
• Continue sending out posts and tweets reminding followers of your booth location and what you’re offering or displaying.
• Connect with participants who arrive at your exhibit, adding them to your list of social media contacts for later contact.
• Use things like Instagram to post regular photo updates of what’s happening at your exhibit. Facebook and Twitter are also perfect for this.
• You can still use social media to offer promotions, discounts, and contest entries throughout the duration of the trade show.
Once the trade show ends, you should still put your social media accounts to good use. Here are a few ideas.
• Continue posting photos or updates from the event. This helps show users what they missed and builds anticipation about the next time you head to a trade show.
• Get in contact with the new connections you made while at the trade show.
• Make new announcements about products and services you featured at the trade show to keep interest high and remind participants of what they saw.
The bottom line is that using social media effectively before, during, and after the trade show is the best way to ensure that you get the most from your time there. Our team is ready to make sure that your exhibit showcases everything your business is about, so contact Lighthouse Exhibits now for a more effective trade show exhibit.